This app is designed to help parents get fast and reliable breastfeeding information "When You Need It" (WYNI).
WYNI is interactive, fun, and easy to use! It has answers to commonly asked breastfeeding questions and concerns such as:
• How do I know my baby is getting enough milk?
• How do I know if my baby is latched on properly?
• What do I do about sore nipples or breasts?
• When will my baby sleep through the night?
WYNI also has tracking features that allow you to track breastfeeds, baby’s diaper changes, and keep a record of your child’s growth. WYNI is filled with colourful pictures, helpful diagrams, and videos that provide support for breastfeeding moms and babies. There is also a fun quiz to test your breastfeeding knowledge and a “Get Help” section that links you with local breastfeeding help if you need more support.
The WNYI app was created in partnership with the Building Blocks for Better Babies program, University of Windsor Faculty of Nursing, and the University of Windsor School of Computer Science with funding support provided by Health Nexus.
Registered Dieticians (RD) provide EatRight Ontario visitors with feature articles on food and nutrition, meal planning advice, healthy eating tips and recipes. The site covers a wide range of interesting topics that are updated on a regular basis. Topics include Family Nutrition, Healthy Eating, Healthy Weights, Seniors Nutrition and Disease Prevention.
Motherisk counselors talk to hundreds of pregnant and lactating women and their healthcare providers each day providing guidance, support and peace of mind. So if you don't find the information you are looking for on this website, try calling one of the Helplines. Motherisk counselors are available Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST. Visit Motherisk online.
* Motherisk Helpline, proudly sponsored by Shoppers Drug Mart - 1-877-439-2744 Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in each of Canada's time zones OR 416-813-6780 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST for information about the risk or safety of prescription and over-the-counter drugs, herbal products, chemicals, x-rays, chronic disease and infections, and everyday exposures during pregnancy and while breastfeeding
* Nausea and Vomiting of Pregnancy Helpline - 1-800-436-8477 Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST. For information on "morning sickness" and how to treat it.
* Alcohol and Substance Use Helpline - 1-877-327-4636 Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in each of Canada's time zones. For information about the fetal effects of alcohol, nicotine and drugs like marijuana, cocaine and ecstasy.
* Exercise in Pregnancy Helpline - 1-866-937-7678 Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST. For recommendations on how to exercise safely during pregnancy, and after delivery while you are breastfeeding your baby.
Pinky McKay is a best-selling author with four titles published by Penguin including Sleeping Like a baby, 100 Ways to Calm the Crying, Toddler Tactics and Parenting By Heart. The Australian Breastfeeding Association, La Leche League International and The Australian Association of Infant Mental Health endorse her books. Her web site has a wealth of information on parenting infants and toddlers, as well as breastfeeding.
"Eating patterns that begin in childhood affect health and well-being across the lifespan. The culture of eating has changed significantly in recent decades, especially in parts of the world where processed foods dominate our dietary intake. This course examines contemporary child nutrition and the impact of the individual decisions made by each family. The health risks associated with obesity in childhood are also discussed. Participants will learn what constitutes a healthy diet for children and adults and how to prepare simple, delicious foods aimed at inspiring a lifelong celebration of easy home-cooked meals. This course will help prepare participants to be the leading health providers, teachers and parents of the present and future."
"The Nurtured Child" is the web site of Ottawa-based Fleur Bickford BSc, RN, IBCLC. As a Registered Nurse, International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, and mother of two, she is passionate about helping families discover the joys of breastfeeding, and providing parents with evidence based information. Fleur has an excellent page regarding Child-led Bottlefeeding as well as great resources about sleep.
"The purpose of this website is to provide local and online breastfeeding resources to families in Renfrew County. Our aim is to improve the local breastfeeding rates by providing practical education as well as ongoing support. It is our mission to diminish the myths and inconsistencies of information that interrupt and complicate breastfeeding for new mothers."